Thursday, October 2, 2008

Star Struck

Well today certainly proved to be a highlight of my week. I didn't have class until noon, so I enjoyed some extra sleep. My classes went surprisingly quick. After class Willow and I walked to St. Michaels to see if we could buy tickets for the Messiah. Its being performed tomorrow. We were unfortunately unsuccessful. Hopefully we'll be able to get tickets sometime tomorrow. From St. Michaels we walked to the Staatsoper and got in line, along with Christine, for the night's Opera. We were 3 hours early for the perfomance! The wait was well worth it, though. The Opera was awesome! And did I mention it starred Renee Fleming? I hadn't heard her live until today. She was so amazing! Afterward I waited for her at the backstage exit. I got her to sign an autograph, and she took a photo with me. I was so nervous to meet her. Her voice has been such an influence in the world of music. I'm was so happy... I can say:"I met Renee Fleming... in Vienna!"

1 comment:

Shawna Jo said...

Thats so exciting..one of the few names i know in the opera world..you met!!.awesome!!!