Thursday, October 16, 2008

Awing Emily

There is no one I admire more than a songwriter. God's granted them with ability to reach the deepest parts of the soul. Comfort can be found in the perfect song. Thursday night I found comfort from a few songwriters here in Vienna, particularly my friend Emily. The warmth of her voice surrounded me like a blanket. I was in awe of her talent. I have determined, after hearing yet another fantastic musician, that my life's calling lies within songwriting. Perhaps not as a career, but certainly as an outlet for all of what life dishes out. Music is my therapy, and I have gone too long without being able to fully enjoy its power. I can attribute that insufficiency to BYU. There, music becomes a chore rather than a passion. No longer! I will not allow BYU to suck the life from the very thing I hold most dear. Music is my one and only and will be forever. Listen to Emily and you'll understand why I was inspired
What else happened this week... oh... My flight to Paris was canceled. I'll have to try to find another one. I also saw Faust on Tuesday. It was by far my favorite Opera I've seen here. Absolutely beautiful. I would definitely recommend it. .

Haha... I guess I should also share my recent panic morning. This Wednesday was our trip to Kreuzenstein, a small castle outside of Vienna. We were supposed to meet at the train station at 9:45, and I found myself waking at the blissful moment of 9:20! I ran out of the house hoping to arrive at the station on time. The Bus, the U4, the U1, they all seemed to take their time. I kept praying for some kind of miracle. "Maybe the train will be delayed," I told myself. I arrived, of course, an hour later at the S-bahn station, my group already at their destination a half an hour away. I bought my ticket for the S-bahn and walked to the platform. Not knowing how trains work, I neglected to stamp my ticket. However, fortunately for me, no one came around to check. When I arrived, to my surprise, I see a handful of people from my group who had waited for me. I was so happy they waited! We all hiked up to the castle together. What a morning it was. It was amazing, and I'm so thankful I didn't miss it. God continues to aid me when I need him the most.

No comments: