Tuesday, April 28, 2009

One More Down..

So... I officially made it through Winter semester.  I'm still alive, so I figure I did pretty well:)  I still have to wait another week to see what my grades will be.  I only have reservations about two classes... Music History and Form and Analysis.  I'm praying I pass them both.
With the end of Winter semester marks the end of my Junior year.  Assuming I pass all my classes, I will be a senior, on the road to graduation.  I'm taking classes during Spring and Summer terms to stay on top of things, and if I stay focused, I'll be done with by Bachelors degree by the Summer of next year.  I'm getting a little anxious, because I still don't have a solid career in mind, and I'm running out of time to figure it out.  I also haven't decided what I'm going to do in terms of a graduate degree.  Once upon a time I wanted to obtain a Doctorate, but my disdain for college has nearly killed that idea.  I just need to get away from BYU, and I think I'll be fine.  Its a good school, but the environment isn't conducive to learning.  The final kernel of frustration in my current education goals is money.  I'm on my way to being over 20,000 in debt for a bachelors degree, and that amount is only going to get bigger if I continue.  Lots to think about.     

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh man....Form and Analysis and Music History....I'm with you there. Good luck, I'm sure you did great on your finals! P.S., HI!!

Chess said...

Well, at least you'll graduate relatively on time! :P I'm sure you passed with flying colors!

Mikey said...

i applaud you :) glad you're not dead.

Shawna Jo said...

Joey..Just come and live with me after im done with my job. We can find a place together. That sounds fun:)