Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

We've made it!  We succeeded in surviving another treacherous year.  I'll be honest and say I didn't think I was going to make it.  Depression was a powerful force in my life in the past year, but I vow that it won't be in the year to come.  So... What are my resolutions?  Should I share?  My first cliche response is to get in shape.  To put in bluntly, I want to look good naked... who doesn't? Second,  I want to work harder than I've ever worked on my music.  My voice, piano, and soon a guitar are going to become high priorities in my life.  I've always been scared of success, but I don't want that fear to affect my progress anymore. And finally, I would like to become more spiritual.  Its no secret that I've never enjoyed going to church.  As a child, I remember the excuses I would attempt to make so that I wouldn't have to go. I've been fighting spirituality my whole life.  I would like that to change this year.  So... Those are my goals.  I'm going to take these things one day at a time, and hopefully by the end of the year I can say that I accomplished all of them.


No comments: