Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready to Go!!


I never thought something like this would happen to me. I'm finally leaving the country. I'm finally leaving Utah. It almost seems like a dream. Something I've always wanted, but never thought I'd accomplish. It's finally here! My plane will depart tomorrow morning. Am I freaking out?... Only to the point of a near panic attack (stress wise, that's not bad for me). Do I feel ready?... In a lot of ways I feel prepared, but in so many others I feel like I'm coming up short. Its OK though, underneath my general feeling of terror, I have all the other emotions that would accompany an event like this.
I'm very exciting to experience a new way of life. I'm ready to let go of my reclusive Utahn life and branch out! Its about time, eh. This will be the first time that I've ever traveled on my own. The first time
I've lived away from home. I guess I'm trying to kill as many birds as I can with one stone. haha:)
I'll miss my family. Especially on holidays, and of course on my birthday. I'll be turning 21 in Vienna 9 days after I arrive. It'll be hard to experience this milestone in my life without my family and friends. Although I guess I'll be gaining a new family within my study abroad group.
OK... I will say farewell and good bye to everyone and everything in Utah, including myself. I'm leaving my insecurities behind and I'll be coming back a changed person. Vienna here I come!!


























1 comment:

Shawna Jo said...

your blog really does look so good. I miss you all ready and i all ready missed you. So now its double missing you! Crazy! YOur going to have such an amazing time over there. Im so excited for you that you get to have this experience. I miss you and love you this.............much!